After assisting for many years client schools with accreditation, we can attest this list will definitely show you the way. Once the accreditation process is started, you will be able to customize the steps included below to accommodate your institution's specifics.
- Conduct a planning session with key personnel and revise your institution's vision. Prepare a list of the programs you would like to add to your current offering in the short and long term.
- Review the list of approved accrediting agencies by the Us Department of Education, and study in detail the eligibility requirements and process for the ones that you consider are a good match.
- Choose an accrediting agency that will accommodate your institution's growth. Review the accreditor's scope and make sure will still be the best choice when looking at future programs and vision for your institution.
- Present research results to the school stakeholders.
- Study all resources availableon the chosen accrediting agency's website.
- Designate a minimum of three employees at your institution to drive the accreditation project. It is critical the President and Director of Education understand the requirements, process, manpower, and financial resources this project will demand.
- Attend the workshop offered by the chosen accrediting agency.
- Study the standards of your chosen accrediting agency.
- Revise your institution's policies and procedures manual to be in compliance with the accrediting agency standards.
- Preparea plan to drive this initiative from beginning to end. An accreditation process usually takes between 18 to 24 months.
- Meet weekly to confirm progress and make any adjustments to the plan as needed.
- Involve all personnel of the institution: faculty and administrative staff.
- Start operating your institution as if it was accredited at least 12 months prior to applying. This is a very important and critical element usually overseen. Have in mind the institution will be required to demonstrate is in compliance with all accreditation standards. The only way to do so is to be operating as per the accrediting agency standards for a long enough period to collect all necessary evidence. Institutions demonstrate compliance by preparing exhibits for an onsite visit that should include minutes of conducted meetings, surveys, reports, curriculum, and assessments conducted during the year prior to the accreditation visit.
- Submit the initial application and follow your chosen accrediting agency's guide.
- Buckle up and keep going until the job gets done!
Make the Effort Count
Accreditation will challenge your institution to grow and establish new standards of operation. Make sure everything you do for accreditation’s sake is incorporated into the daily aspects of running your organization. Make good use of all the effort and investment.
Interested in learning more? Visit the following pages for information on relevant topics for school owne
Our Consulting Services
Bayside Projects provides compliance and accreditation consulting services to higher education institutions nationwide such as universities, colleges, technical, and vocational schools as follows:
- Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) consulting
- Accreditation Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) consulting
- Council on Occupational Education (COE) consulting
- We serve institutions located in all 50 states (nationwide)
- Readiness assessment
- Initial applications and renewals
- Operations and compliance training
Schedule a Complimentary Consultation
We hope the information included on this page has answered your questions regarding accreditation for your institution. Still needing assistance? We are glad to help! Request a free consultation by calling 786-618-277, emailing [email protected], or completing the free session request form. During this session, we will conduct a preliminary assessment and introduce you to the requirements and process for your school to become accredited and be ready to apply for federal financial aid Title IV funding. Let us help you get started with your institution's accreditation, and support you with consulting services for continued compliance.
Getting Started with Your Institution's Accreditation
Accreditation may feel like an impossible task beyond your reach. Learn the basic steps that will help you get organized and steadily moving toward your institution's accreditation success.